ACERC attended the 7th Annual Balkan Energy Finance Forum: 15-16 October, Sheraton Hotel, Tirana
Published on October 07, 2014
Albanian Centre for Energy Regulation and Conservation (ACERC) represented by Dr. Lorenc Gordani, took part at the conference 7th Annual Balkan Energy Finance Forum: Strengthening Regional Cooperation, 15-16 October, Sheraton Hotel, Tirana.
Participation that seen the keeping of a keynote speech on the Main Obstacles of Liberalization on Electricity Markets in the WBs, at the session “Opportunities and challenges for regional power exchange”, of the Conference Day I: “Gas Market, Electricity Grid, Pricing and Trading”, Wednesday, 15 October 2014.
Presentation conceived in five main bullet points: (i) Acquis in the electricity sector and the challenge of implementation; (ii) Pressing policy on national markets: structures and prices regulation; (iii) Regional Action Plan: SEE CAO, PXs, Balancing and Transparency; (iv) Boost of the projects of regional interest (PECI); (v) and Priorities for 2015 toward a Union of Energy. For an overview of the presentation, you are warmly invite to find the material in Pdf here on the link.
In synthesis, in the presentation it was carried out, that determined for the reaching of the above objective, will be the grade of address of the necessary setting energy price levels that gives the right signal to the investors and the removing of legal and regulatory barriers towards regional market integration. In this focus among priorities of the Albanian Presidency Ministerial Council 2015, are announce the full reforms of the Energy Community in the implementation of the Third Energy Package. It comprise the adoption of the new acquis, as notably the Regulation 347/2013 on energy infrastructure, and the Regulation 543/2013 on transparency of electricity markets as well the first set of Network Codes.
In regard, the bulk of the work has to be carried out by the Contracting Parties (CP). The final success of which will lies in the commitment and determination to fully cooperate of all the Contracting Parties in shaping the future of the Energy Community. However, there is also the need of a strength and close work with European Commission to make available additional financial instruments through European and international funds especially in support of the Projects of Energy Community Interest (PECIs).
Moreover, BEFF 2014 has again unite key players from across the energy industry, both from private and public sectors, tackling key issues facing the regional energy security, investigating solutions through stronger regional cooperation.
This year’s event address:
- The SEE region: future outlook
- Gas market developments
- Electricity grid, pricing, trading
- Diversification of power generation sources
- Greening the financial sector - How can financial institutions foster the energy
- Renewable energy developments
Among the other speakers:
• Mr Gjergji Simaku, Ministry of Energy and Industry, Albania
• Mr Gerd-Uwe Weller, European Investment Bank(EIB), Luxembourg
• Mr Dominic Hereth, Finance in Motion, (Investment Advisor to the) Green for Growth Fund, Southeast Europe
• Mr Georgi Ranchev, Lindner Immobilien Management EOOD, Bulgaria
• Mr Sebastian von Wolff, Finance in Motion, (Investment Advisor to the) Green for Growth Fund, Southeast Europe
• Mr Ian Smith, EBRD, UK
• Mr Norbert Raschke, ERM, Germany
• Ms Endrita Xhaferaj, Albanian Association of Banks, Albania
• Ms Klaida Eminaj, Banka Kombetare Tregtare (BKT), Albania
• Mr Neil Budd, SGH Martineau LLP, UK
• Mr Sokol Elmazaj, Boga & Associates, Albania
• Mr Agnar Aas, Devoll Hydropower (Stratkraft), Albania
• Ms Irina Peltegova, ICIS, UK
• Mr Christopher Knowles, European Investment Bank (EIB), Luxembourg
+44 (0) 207 275 8020
Business Development Manager
+44 (0) 207 275 8063
Notice. For any information on the Conference 7th Annual Balkan Energy Forum please visit the official website of the activity and take contact directly with the organizer of the conference BEFF 2014.
The network of the ACERC partners, supporters and sponsors include among others
For more about visit the dedicate section